Wednesday 12 February 2014

George Ezra comes to Paris

Nominated as one of BBC's 'Sounds of 2014', George Ezra is really becoming the talk of the town. Now I don't want to get all smug and all that but for those of you who read my blog post in 2013... did I not mention something about this? Gaaaahdd I'm such a know- it- all sometimes....



So I heard from another friend of mine who is equally as loved-up with Mr. Ezra's music that he was coming to Paris to play in a gig. Unfortunately not his own, but as the supporting act to David Lemaitre. I was so pleased to hear he was in my 'quartier' - literally down my road - that I had to go, I don't give a golden nugget his this David Lemaitre guy was. 

He was playing at Cafe de La Danse, a small loco close to home. To be honest I was a little disappointed with how it was laid out as the seats were arranged like a theatre. The worst is when you want to dance, but because you're sitting down it's more of a top-half-gyrating-groove on some grimey plastic chairs. Naht cool.


Soon enough George came on stage and played his sweet chunes. If I compared his voice to a chocolate bar it would be like a blend of kinder bueno and crunchie. A little rough at times but on the whole a smooth ride with a bold crunch. Hmm...



Between songs he said, 'You probably don't know who the hell I am.' to which he had pretty much zero response, seeing as the crowd of French probably did have no idea who this bloke was. I should have sat down and gone along with the crowd...however my awkward-excitedness got the better of me and I made a fool of myself. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail but lets just say there was a lot of arm-flying and croaky bellowing. So much for being inconspicuous and cool...




On the whole he was great.. but that was expected anyway. We said a quick hello at the end- unfortunately not quick enough to have a photo but hey ho, there's always next time.


After our slightly awkward encounter, Millie, Clare and I left for a cocktail whilst everyone else was queueing up to see the actual main act.. Who even cares about this David guy anyway? pfft.


I know after my incredibly vivid image of an crunchie-kinder chocolate child, I've wet your appetite, so I thought it only fair to post a video for you to enjoy...



So in my previous blog, I said he was going to be big in 2014 so it only seems fair that I may another little prediction. A Number 1 in 2014? I guess we will just have to wait and see...

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment